The following error appears when using Outlook 2003:
Task ‘Microsoft Exchange Server’ reported error (0x8004010F): ‘The operation failed. An object could not be found.’
This is caused by a misconfiguration of Address Books in Exchange. To fix it in Exchange 2003:
- In Exchange System Manager, expand the Recipients container.
- Click the Offline Address Lists container.
- In the right pane, right-click the offline address list object, and then click Properties.
- On the General tab, verify that a valid address list is populated under Address lists. If a valid address list is not populated under Address lists, you must add one.
Note The default address is the global address list.
- Click OK.
- Right-click the offline address list object again, and then click Set as New Default if the offline address list object is not set.
- If you made any changes, right-click the offline address list object again, and then click Rebuild.