This user document explains how to enable Out of Office responses in Microsoft Outlook. It is only relevant to people using Outlook with a Microsoft Exchange server.
System administrators should read our post on Enabling Out of Office responses in Microsoft Exchange.
1. When looking at your inbox, click on the Tools menu
2. Choose the menu option for the Out of Office Assistant
3. Update the AutoReply with a helpful message. For example:
I will be out of the office from April 7th to 14th. If you require assistance before I return, please call our office on 1300 54 64 74!
4. Select “I am currently Out of the Office”
5. Click OK!
6. Don’t forget to turn it off when you get back! To do this, just repeat steps 1 and 2 then choose “I am currently In the Office” and click OK.