The error occurred after upgrading from BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.2.2 to version 4.3. The upgrade failed to remove the Connectors folder in C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Connectors. As a result, the old Microsoft Outlook desktop applications are registered with BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.3.
If the Connectors folder is still present in C\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Connectors\MS Outlook Connector, follow these steps:
1. Unregister the old Microsoft Outlook connector ilxolkCompanion.fil.
1. Open the command prompt.
2. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Connectors\MS Outlook Connector.
3. Type in the command regsvr32 -u ilxolkCompanion.fil.
4. In Desktop Manager, Microsoft Outlook will no longer be listed as an available desktop application.
2. Register the most current Microsoft Outlook connector.
1. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Connectors\MS Outlook Connector.
2. Type in the command regsvr32 msoutlookconnector.fil.
3. In Desktop Manager, Microsoft Outlook will now be registered as an available desktop application.
Once these steps have been completed, configure synchronization again.