To configure Outlook 2007 for your Gmail address:
- Enable POP in your email account. Don’t forget to click Save Changes when you’re done.
- Open Outlook.
- Click the Tools menu, and select Account Settings…
- On the E-mail tab, click New…
- If you are prompted to Choose E-mail Service, select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP, and click Next.
- Fill in all necessary fields to include the following information:
Your Name: Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the From: field of outgoing messages.
Email Address: Enter your full Gmail email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). Google Apps users, enter your full address in the format username@your_domain.com.
Password: Enter your email password.
Manually configure server settings or additional server types: Leave this option unchecked if you want to automatically configure Outlook 2007. If you want to manually configure Outlook 2007, check this box now. Google Apps users should configure manually as follows.