To update the firmware version on a cyberoam, connect to the console and go to system -> maintenance
Back up the existing firmware configuration
- before updating firmware it’s advisable to do a backup of the configuration.
- Go to system/maintenance and backup and restore
- press backup now
- Press Download to download the backup configuration.
- It’s advisable to name the file with the date and billed version from the cyberoam.
- You cannot restore configuration to a different firmware version.
- If you need to reset to factory defaults and restore the configuration you can only do so once you reboot with the same version of firmware as the backup, and you need some kind of record of what version that is.