When you are migrating a user to a new machine that is running outlook 2010 you need to copy the nk2 file from the old machine into the outlook directory in your appdata/roaming folder. From there you need to complete the following steps:
- Make sure that the .nk2 file is in the following folder:%appdata%\Microsoft\Outlook
Note The .nk2 file must have the same name as your current Outlook 2010 profile. By default, the profile name is “Outlook.” To check the profile name, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Mail.
- In the Mail Setup dialog box, click Show Profiles.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type outlook.exe /importnk2, and then click OK. This should import the .nk2 file into the Outlook 2010 profile.
You can import multiple nk2 files into a single user using the above method.