When you are migrating a user to a new machine that is running outlook 2010 you need to copy the nk2 file from the old machine into the outlook directory in your appdata/roaming folder. From there you need to complete the following steps:
- Make sure that the .nk2 file is in the following folder:
Note The .nk2 file must have the same name as your current Outlook 2010 profile. By default, the profile name is “Outlook.” To check the profile name, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Mail.
- In the Mail Setup dialog box, click Show Profiles.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type outlook.exe /importnk2, and then click OK. This should import the .nk2 file into the Outlook 2010 profile.
You can import multiple nk2 files into a single user using the above method.