To increase the time allowed from 21 days to any time that you want you need to disable the sbcrexe.exe process (or SBS Core Service). To achieve this follow the steps below:
- Download process explorer from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653
- Run process explorer and suspend the sbcrexe.exe file. Note do not kill the process as it will just restart.
- Open regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SBCore
- Right click the key and click permissions. Give the built in administrators group full control on both the key and the child nodes.
- Refresh the key so you can see all of the registry settings for sbcore and change the Start DWORD value from 2 to 4 to disable the service.
- Using explorer navigate to the sbscrexe.exe file in the C:\WINDOWS\system32 directory and change permissions on the file to everyone deny.
- Go back to process explorer and kill the sbscrexe.exe process. If it doesn’t start again then you have successfully disabled the file.