Sometimes you will need to move where the csc cache files are located as it can run the C: drive out of space. By default the CSC folder is under c:\windows\csc in a hidden folder.
In Windows 2000 or Windows XP you can use the cachemov program which comes as part of the windows resource kit. You can download it from here
How to change the location of the CSC folder by configuring the CacheLocation registry value in Windows Vista
Note There is only one cache folder in Windows Vista. Therefore, you do not have to repeat these steps for additional users.
- Click Start, type regedit in the Search box, and then press ENTER.
- Locate the following registry subkey, and then and right-click it:
- Point to New, and then click String Value.
- Type Parameters in the name box for the new key.
- Right-click the Parameters key, point to New, and then click String Value.
- To name the new value, type CacheLocation, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click CacheLocation, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type the name of the new folder in which you want to create the cache.Note Use the Microsoft Windows NT format for the folder name.
For example, if you want the cache location to be d:\csc, type the following:\??\d:\csc
- Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.