If you are running on a remote desktop terminal server during install of MYOB Accountright 2019 or other versions the installer stays indefinetly on a message Please wait while the application is preparing for first use
After Cancel Error: -1603 Fatal error during installation appears
- To resolve this issue Disable RDS Compatibility on the App Volumes host machine using the Local Group Policy Editor.
- Click the Start button, enter gpedit.msc in the search box, and press Enter.
- The Local Group Policy Editor dialog box appears.
- Select Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Session Host > Application Compatibility.
- In the right pane, click Turn off Windows Installer RDS Compatibility.
- In the Turn off Windows Installer RDS Compatibility window, select Enabled.
- This action turns off Windows Installer RDS Compatibility.
- In a terminal window, issue the gpudate /force command to refresh the Group Policy settings.
- Run the MYOB installer again and it should complete successful
- Set the group policy back to Not configured