Windows Hello for Business infrastructure
What is windows hello?
Windows Hello is a more personal way to sign in to your Windows 10 devices with just a look or a touch. You’ll get enterprise-grade security without having to type in a password.
When you set up Windows Hello, it takes the data from the face or iris sensor or fingerprint reader and creates a data representation. It is then encrypted and stored in your device.
Steps for enabling windows hello via group policy
Install windows 10 administrative template
- Download the Windows 10 administrative templates on your domain controller from
- Install the .admx file in your domain controller
Then turn ON & enable PIN sign-in for Domain users
- PressWindows Key + R combination, type put msc in Run dialog box and hit Enter to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
- In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate here:
Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Logon -> Turn on pin sign-in
- In the right pane of above shown window, look for the setting namedTurn on PIN sign-in which must be Not Configured by default. Double click on the same setting to get this:
- Finally, in the above shown window, click Enabledand then click Apply followed by OK.